Practical Guide in Removing Morto.A Virus
The Virus:Win32/Morto.A is a common Trojan that is spread through infected websites, P2P networks, and spam e-mails. This type of virus also distributes itself by compromising .exe files. A user’s computer that is infected with this type of malware is susceptible to unwanted access by those who control the virus. These criminals will have access to confidential information such as banking information, social security, passwords, etc. This is definitely an unfortunate situation; however, taking precautionary measures will safeguard your PC from illegal access.
So, how will you know that your computer is infected with this virus?
You’ll notice that your PC is rather slow and congested. You may expect settings are changed without your doing such as browser settings and desktop properties. Other symptoms also include slow connection online, search through Yahoo or Google results are redirected and unexpected program opening. In some instances, Win32/Morto.A virus will trick users through bogus warnings that tell you to purchase software in order to fix issues on your PC or tell you to do a reboot. Neither of these actions will remove the virus unfortunately. The worse thing that can happen is when the virus Morto.A will modify your registry settings, as well as, essential system files which could lead to your PC crashing.
Here’s how to go about removing the Morto.A virus:
1. You’ll need to remove the virus first with your existing antivirus software. This antivirus must be current to ensure successful removal of malware and other potential threats on your computers. If you currently do not have anti-virus software on your computer, click here to see the software that we recommend to our clients.
2. In case, the malware stops you from doing anything worthwhile on your computer, try booting your PC to Safe Mode with Networking. To do this, just simply restart your computer then press F8 as soon as Windows is loading. Select the option Safe Mode with Networking then proceed to the next step.
3. You need to perform this step only when your antivirus wasn’t able to remove the threat successfully. You may remove it using free malware removal tools such as Eset Online Scanner, Microsoft Security Essentials, Norman Malware Cleaner, Kaspersky Virus Removal tool, Microsoft Safety Scanner, etc.
4. If the virus persists even after using any or all of the removal tools mentioned, chat with us and we’ll be glad to remove the Win32/Morto.A for you.
If you were able to remove the virus on your own, congratulations! Here are great tips that will help prevent your computer from getting infected with this malware in the future.
1. As mentioned earlier, you’ll need to keep your antivirus software up to date, as well as, download the latest updates on your PC. This is essential so that your software will be able to detect recent or new malware.
2. The easiest prevention is to avoid suspicious looking websites, files, emails, etc. It’s best not to read emails that look like spam. This includes downloading files, music, movies, pirated software, etc. from websites that cannot be trusted.
3. Of course, creating hard to figure out passwords is important to make sure no one can easily access your computer without your knowledge.
4. Make sure to limit user access to your PC. This way you’ll have total control of who gains access to your computer.
If you’re not comfortable removing the virus called Morto.A, we would like to offer our virus removal service at a low cost! What’s great is that we can take care of the virus for you and you don’t have to do anything on your end. Contact us now via Chat, Email or Phone!